Thursday, April 19, 2012

Best Week Ever

Like in the title this is literally the best week ever. I got to know everybody in this group so much better. And like what Mr.Kane said "We are all pretty much our own family". And we are. Through out these 10 months we have worked so hard to be where are today and when we all look back at the beginning of the year we barely knew anybody. I know I only knew like 3-4 people. This is my first year down in New Orleans and my closet friend said to me that you will be lost in your own little world because this place just has so many things that can fit anybody. And its totally true I totally forgot about school, drama, and family (Sorry Mom and Dad ;)). But, its kinda a good thing because instead of having all of those thoughts inside your head you are concentrating on working over 110% every day for 8 days trying to make this little indent in this city that really needs it. And I feel that this group did just that and tomorrow I know that we will even work even harder because tomorrow is the last day we will work and help New Orleans. And also this week no matter what the challenge was we just conquered our fears and did it without any second thoughts. Like twice this week I pushed myself to climb about 12 or more feet above ground and I hate heights so much. And that's also what this trip does. It helps people conquer their fears and set goals for themselves. This might sound dumb, but its like what Sylvester Stallion said in his last Rocky movie "Life is always gonna throw you punches, but you just gotta get up and punch back harder". And I'm so glad that I got to this trip on my senior year and I wish I did this earlier. So to all underclassmen and women who are thinking about doing this next year you should do it. And to the people in the group this year I hope you all do this next year and never stop working hard and testing your limits. -Devon Vasel

No comments:

Post a Comment