Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 4 Garnett

Today was great I attended an animal shelter. I was a little worried about going, due to past experiences other group members had at animal shelter, but I overall had a fantastic time. The started off a little slow, but eventually picked up. We started by sorting through tons of newspaper for the animals. After two hours of sorting they asked a few of us to walk the dogs, which was great. I being me decided to walk the biggest of the dogs and was pulled up and down the field. I've never been an animal person, but after today I see why so many people are. I was a little disheartened to hear that over 92,000 animals are put down each year in New Orleans and the shelter puts down almost 50% of all incoming animals, but they've been taking many steps to become a kill-free shelter. After the shelter we returned to the United Saints and had dinner and reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment