Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Deadlines

60 hours. I have less than 60 hours that remain between now and my last minutes here. In a program that has grown to shape me. In the city of New Orleans.

My mind is a constant reel of thoughts. They are staggered, and while I slowly slip deeper into thoughts I become lost in my own mind. Sometimes, because of this, creating the right word choice has become inevitably hard in voicing these thoughts. NOLA has provided me with the means to clear my mind. The revitilizing feeling of solidarity through my service has allowed me to realize the truth of who I am, and who I have become.

Society tends to hinder us, to bring cliche to the human conscience that solidify our futures. The emotions I have felt here, have driven me to break free of a concrete future that has been set forth. The physical aspect of our service here has shown that with hard work, you will continually surprise yourself, and for the emotional aspect... there are no words I can find to complete my feelings. I feel as though my first trip here, during last years Feburary break, provided me with the initial shock to spark my desire in rooting myself to this location. Now 60 hours away from the completion of my second trip, I can reflect on my experiences this year through new eyes. Eyes that have seen and understood the true meaning of happiness. Eyes that have understood the true meaning of fulfillment. The deepening of my beliefs will forever attach me to this trip, as I know what I feel will carry into my life continued. Being strong minded and willing will bring me far, and the passion I feel to suceed will compose my ultimate growth. I will continue to break from society's structure in search for these feelings that I have experienced through this trip. I will experience. I will endeavour. I will be present. And most of all I will love what I do. Because if the passion for life does not exist, then what are we left with?


Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment